Friday, June 6, 2014

The Fault In Our Stars

There comes a time when we all look for inspiration, sometimes it comes from within, or a gesture from another person, and sometimes where you least expect it. I always try and live by the motto, you only live once. As I've said time and time again, we only have one shot at this, so make it count. Its a blessing when you find that little bit of inspiration or reminder to truly embrace this life, even when you weren't even looking for it...

A friend of mine told me I had to read The Fault in Our Stars. And because I'm old fashion, and still love sifting through the pages of a book, I bought it the next day. Well, there it was INSPIRATION, staring me in the face page after page. This book isn't just about two amazing kids, who happen to have cancer. its about life, living, embracing the moment, and about love. A love that has no limits, a love that knows no sickness...just a raw love, one that changes you.

Of course I cried, flipped a page,and cried some more. Not just because you knew what the inevitable was going to be, but the sheer beauty of it's message. Is it better to have loved and lost, then to never have loved at all? YES!!!

I saw the movie last night, and without disappointment, I've never experienced a book to film adaptation as spot on as TFIOS. These incredible actors, took this amazing story above and beyond expectations. The story, their performance ripped right through me, and I fell in love again and again...Maybe it was slowly at first, then all at once...

This isn't a movie review, so much as it is a message to please see this film. It will make you laugh, it will make you cry, and maybe it'll inspire you. We are here but a fleeting moment, so LOVE hard, and fight HARD...

To John Green, and the entire cast, thank you for this book and this movie. It truly captured my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment