Thursday, June 12, 2014

My interview with Quinn Loftis and a review of "Into the Fae", her latest release!


I was lucky enough to ask Ms. Loftis a couple of questions and here they are:


Debbie:      Why did you start writing Fantasy novels? What drew you to the genre?

Quinn:       It’s one of my favorite genres to read and when I decided to try to do what I love, which is write, I decided I should do it in a genre that I truly enjoy. I love the world building that comes in to play when writing fantasy. I love the possibilities and they are so endless.

Debbie:      What was the first novel you remember reading and what did it make you feel?

Quinn:       A Wrinkle In Time, I was fascinated by the creativity it took to write such an imaginative book. It was the book that made me want to be a writer. 

Debbie:      How “real” do your characters become for you? Do they sometimes influence the way your story goes?

Quinn:       My characters become like friends to me. I don't see how they could not when an author spends so much time with them. I think sometimes they almost become an extension of yourself. Yes sometimes knowing what their personality is like will change the way a story goes.

Debbie:      Have you ever regretted something you did to a character? Do you feel bad when a character gets hurt?

Quinn:       No on both accounts. I feel like in order for my characters to grow and change and become the best versions of themselves that they can be then they have to go through struggles, just as we do in real life. We have to be refined by fire in order to come out stronger on the other side.

Debbie:      Do you plan each book in detail before you write it, or do you have a basic outline and see where you go while writing it?

Quinn:       I generally write an outline (rough) after I'm about 30,000 words into a novel, that's how long it usually takes me to know where the story is going. My stories generally write themselves as I'm typing. 



                                                        Amazon

                                                        Smashwords

                                                        Barnes and Noble

                                                        iTunes


Synopsis:

With peace finally descending on the Romanian Grey Wolves, longtime fae ambassador to the wolves, Perizada, has been given a new mission by the Great Luna. But Peri’s desire for revenge against her sister, Lorelle, burns in her heart. Further complicating matters, the great white wolf, Lucian Lupei, has been returned to the pack after centuries trapped in the Dark Forest, and it appears he is destined to be with Peri. Can she put aside her thoughts of vengeance long enough to accept Lucian’s love and complete her mission?



Book Review:

I really loved Quinn Loftis' "Grey Wolves Series" so I was rather excited to read this one, the first in this new spin off series. I wasn't disappointed in the slightest. I love the world she created and I love her characters, some old favourites, make an appearance in this book too. The story is never predictable and that is a great thing. Peri was one of my favourite characters from before and having a book with her as the lead, is a treat in itself. I don't want to post any spoilers but I can say this. I laughed and cried, panicked and cheered them on. I can recommend this book highly. I am also eager for the next one to come.


Excerpt:

A slow smile formed on his lips as he brushed a few wisps of hair from her face and then used that same finger to trace the swollen lips he had just tasted. “You look ravished.”

“Do I?” She asked innocently.

“Mm-hmm,” his chest rumbled as he continued to stare down at her with unabashed want.

“Well you look hungry,” she teased.

“Oh I am, beloved. I am famished.” He kissed her forehead and then her cheeks and then her chin. “Lucky for me I find that there is feast before me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment