Friday, June 6, 2014

Phoenix Comicon Day 1


In the blistering desert sun over a period of four days, Phoenix Comicon takes over the valley and gives fans a seriously awesome time. If you have an opportunity to attend next year, I suggest you pack some sun screen and dive in because this is one amazing show.


Overwhelmed is a good word. For this girl, my head did not swivel quickly enough to catch all the mind blowing bits flying past faster than you can say “Wibbly, wobbly, timey wimey.” So many shiny pretty things to look at, experience, and just absorb at the Phoenix Comicon that it almost seems a shame not to have a hotel downtown where you could just walk back and forth whenever it suited you.

Yesterday, was opening day and it was well a lot bigger than I expected with a ton more participants who were all actively observing. It didn’t matter if you were Team Rocket or from Titanfall everyone was snapping photos and perusing the vendor’s wares. One of the great things here is fans are unique, different, amazing and all ages.
I found what I wanted right away which was a Castle shirt done by artist Jason Palmer.

There are so many events it is difficult to even organize them on paper let alone figure out where you need to be at what time. Add to that the Minecraft block party, the zombie walk – which I really wanted to see and so many other things it would have been nice to clone myself. There are crafting events to teach those willing how to make their own armor, costume on budget, do make up that would rival any zombie and then sell your idea on Kickstarter.

I was exhausted just after reading the program and then spent the rest of my time wandering about gazing longingly at lightsabers.

No comments:

Post a Comment