Monday, June 9, 2014

Music Monday – Weezer

Today's Music Monday post is brought to you by the letters K and W.

K is for Karen and the W is for Weezer. Since tomorrow is her birthday (something she doesn't like to celebrate at all), I let her pick the music for the day. Her most favorite group is Weezer and since she is a control freak, I gave her control of the blog today.

Before we embark on the musical journey that is Weezer, I have to say thank you Karen for all that you have done for me. Without you I would be dead. ((truth))  And your birthday is definitely something to celebrate. (Ha. Twilight quoted.) I can't wait to see you when you get here on Friday. We can celebrate together with the other girls, drinks shots, everything all around – but no matter what, we’ll have an amazing time! Love you the most.


And now on to your (and my) Weezer education...

Always




Paperface




I Just Threw Out the Love of My Dreams (feat. Rachel Haden from that.dog)




Say It Ain’t So




Buddy Holly

Surf Wax America

El Scorcho

Across the Sea

Hash Pipe

Beverly Hills

Perfect Situation

Pork and Beans

Troublemaker


The Greatest Man That Ever Lived (Variations on a Shaker Hymn)


(If You’re Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To

Memories


kmah88's note: These were just a few of my very favourite songs (and trust me, it was extremely hard narrowing it down to only 16). I tried to get a good sampling from their entire 20 years, but obviously I like some albums more over others. Hopefully there was a good mix of songs you already knew and songs that are new to you to elicit some fresh Weezer love.
Coming up after this, check out my Weezer Fangirl Adventures (part 1 & 2). It's a FANdemonium Weezer takeover!!

And Brina ~ thank you! For your words and letting me use your column to share my passion for my boys.
3 more days and I'm on my way to see you. WOOT!

1 comment:

  1. purely a coincidence that it just happened to be the same day weezer was trending all over the place. (if you haven't seen the video of pat catching a frisbee mid-drumming, look it up.)
    lol. i'm just THAT relevant!

    ReplyDelete