Monday, June 23, 2014

The Beginning of the End...True Blood

Without a doubt, True Blood has always been one of my favorite shows. Its sad and bittersweet that this is the end of the series. There was much anticipation for last nights premier. And it did NOT disappoint!!! The episode catered to the the human/vampire survival pairing thing,  “For every human a vampire. For every vampire a human.” With infected vamps causing chaos from the big cities to the small towns like Bon Temps, its not safe for anyone.

With a vicious attack from the Hep V-infected vamps, there were deaths and kidnapping right from the start (Arlene, Holly, and a very pregnant Nicole, to name a few). Nice way to kick off the new season. Then...wait, what??!! Tara's dead?? Without witnessing the death itself, we see her mother Lettie Mae covered in dead vamp goo...ie, Tara!!! Tara and her mother have always had a turbulent relationship, but the end of season six, Lettie Mae is begging Tara to drink from her, so she can finally nourish her. Tara does, and there's a reconciliation, an acceptance starting to formulate...then, we lose her...

I've read several articles that all say the same thing....no one is convinced Tara is dead. What do you think? Will we be seeing Tara again?
I guess we just have to wait and see...so in the interim, I thought I'd share some of Tara's most memorable quotes....

"Giving vampire blood to Jason Stackhouse is like giving ho-hos to a diabetic. You know he can't control himself!"
"I don't know what I expect - trash is as trash does."
"Yeah cause nothing says 'sorry' like a tuna cheese casserole."
"The one time in my life I thought I was happy, I was a f*ckin zombie."
"I'm an excellent driver. But you cannot prepare for a naked lady and a hog in the middle of the road!"
"Oh, this ain't rude. This is uppity!"

2 comments:

  1. What I want to know is, where's Erik? I'm glad Jessica controlled herself. I think Tara's dead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think EVERYONE wants to know where Eric is!!!!!!!! We all miss our favorite Viking!!!

    ReplyDelete