Monday, March 3, 2014

Mystic Falls at Twilight Girls Getaway


What an amazing weekend! I am just now fully recovered from the awesome experience that we had in Gatlinburg, Tennessee! In our second event, Mystic Falls at Twilight Girls Getaway, we once again welcomed fans and friends alike to the beauties that are the Smokey Mountains of Tennessee.


 To prepare for a weekend full of events we arrived in the wee hours of Thursday morning after driving through the night from Birmingham, AL. Attendants and hosts came from all over the country and a very special lot came all the way from Canada. While there, they participated in a variety of events, a poker run, knock-out trivia, a scavenger hunt, Alice's Pajama Party, a door decorating competition, and the culminating event, a masquerade ball.

Our special guest for the event was BooBoo Stewart. BooBoo treated our guests to a very personal afternoon VIP session, complete with a audience lead Q&A and an outdoor photo op session. BooBoo then later attended the masquerade ball and participated in another hosted Q&A followed by a more formal photo op. BooBoo was very gracious and accommodating to all that the weekend had in store!


Q: From 'Twilight' who is your favorite werewolf?
(Insert laughter from both BooBoo and the audience)

A: "I can't pick myself. Um... hmmm, that's a good one. Actually it would be Sam, Chaske Spencer. I think Sam's wolf is definitely the coolest wolf out of all of us. He's like huge, and black, and big. It's just cool. And his voice, definitely accompanies the look of the wolf perfectly. Like there is no way I could play that role, like it would just be stupid. But, um he is perfect for that, that would be my favorite one."

Q: What did you think about when they redid the fight scene at the end of Breaking Dawn Part 2 and they killed off Seth?

A: "I thought it was great!" "Especially when you were sitting, I don't know how it was sitting in a regular theater, but when we were at the premiere... and when that happened everyone was just like, "NOOOO!" just screaming like bloody murder, it was so great! Because it is a book you all know what is going to happen, for those of you that have read the book, and to throw such a total... to mess with everyone's minds like that, then bring it back to the book, I thought was really cool."


We also found out that if he could pick absolutely anyone to work with, BooBoo would have loved to work with Heath Ledger. And that although initially "weirded" out by Jacob's imprinting, he came around to the idea that it gave everyone closure in an unexpected way!


Over the weekend we were joined by some of the talented members of Stephenie Meyer Day's Olympic Coven. From hosting games, Q&A's, to photo ops, this amazing group of cosplayers and actors made the weekend. With our very own Josh Goff pulling double duty as Edward and Jasper! They were such a delight to have and to meet in person! Several plans have been made by our attendants for SMD 2014, just to have a reunion!! 



"Meeting everyone who shared the same fandom obsession as me was my favorite part of the weekend! I also loved the crazy insane scavenger hunt and getting to know the amazing SMD crew! They made the weekend memorable! And YES, I would definitely do it again!!!" - Mariah Herbert

"Appearing as Rosalie Hale for the weekend was the most fun I've had in a while, just being able to talk and interact with a wonderful group of fans and help them have a fantastic weekend is why I enjoy doing events like this. It was my first time working with the Olympic Coven as a character, and just hearing the feedback and knowing our group had some small part in making it a memorable experience for everyone is amazing. I would love to attend again, it was an amazing weekend." -Lauren Wall

"My favorite point has to be during the poker run, when Travis/Emmet asked " and how are you Lisa? I was thinking to myself how does he know that? Then I say out loud" Duh, I am wearing a name tag." - Lisa Clark

"Being a twilight fan has brought me experiences that have literally changed my life. Attending the Mystic falls at twilight girls getaway in Gatlinburg was one of those experiences. I had the time of my life! I have met so many fans online over the years, that have become a part of my life and meeting some of those friends in person along with new friends and celebrating our love for twilight was simply amazing and unforgettable! From the poker run to the blind makeovers. The dancing and the scavenger hunt,we all had a blast and I haven't laughed that much in so long! I am so blessed with lifelong friendships and a Twi family that is there for me through life's journey! Meeting the wonderful Olympic coven and BooBoo and the ladies who made this event happen, they were all so welcoming and down to earth. They have all become family and friends. This is what I've taken away from the event and I look forward to next year! I love y'all!"- Kimberly Griffin Davis Cruz-Chavez

"As many of us are fortunate enough to know, the Twilight fandom is a true sisterhood. Gatherings like Mystic Falls at Twilight Getaway keep us all connected and offer us a venue to meet more like-minded people. It also gives the Olympic Coven, the official Twilight lookalikes of Forks, Washington, a chance to bring a bit of Forks to people who may not otherwise see it, as well as give fans a preview of what Stephenie Meyer Day weekend is like."- Staci Chastain

 O
thers stars were slated to attend but were unable to coincide their appearance with the weekend's schedule. We would like to congratulate Nathan Buzolic on his upcoming role on Supernatural: Tribes.

1 comment:

  1. Looked like an amazing weekend. I am so glad you all had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete