Monday, March 10, 2014

Music Monday – Covers

I know you just wanna get back in bed on a Monday morning and get under your covers – but since you can’t, here are some of my favorite musical covers:


Sam Bradley - Gnarls Barkley’s “Just a Thought” 


The Fugees - Lori Lieberman’s (although made famous by Roberta Flack) “Killing Me Softly” 



Holly Conlan - Rihanna’s “Only Girl in the World”

30 Seconds to Mars - Lady Gaga’s “Bad Romance”

Alien Ant Farm - Michael Jackson’s “Smooth Criminal”

 

Paramore - Foo Fighter’s “Hero”



Letters to Cleo - Cheap Trick’s “I Want You to Want Me” 


Cake - Gloria Gaynor’s “I Will Survive”

Marilyn Manson - Soft Cell’s “Tainted Love” 


Michael Bernard Fitzgerald - Blink-182’s “Dammit”


NSync - Janet Jackson’s “That’s the Way Love Goes” 


Crazy Town - Tha Alkaholiks’ “Only When I’m Drunk” 



And just 'cause it's so damn cute, here is a bonus cover by my favorite yellow men... I mean Minions: 
All-4-One’s “I Swear” 

3 comments:

  1. definitely perks up a rough monday morning. great picks! some are new to me and i love expanding my music collection. thanks. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, here are MY favourite covers. all weezer, of course.
    unbreak my heart (toni braxton) http://youtu.be/1nwcuBa4wok
    paranoid android (radiohead) http://youtu.be/4nTo8rjo-lM
    kids (mgmt) / poker face (lady gaga) mashup http://youtu.be/a_8GNaEVCPU

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to comment on Monday but it wouldn't accept it from my phone. LOVE this post! These are really great picks too. Love the 30 Seconds to Mars cover. There is just something about that mans voice.... Letters to Cleo is a another favorite. Thanks for making Monday a little more bearable!

    ReplyDelete