Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Hugh Jackman Thinks Next Film Will Be His Last as Wolverine

Wolverine 3 slated for release March 3, 2017

Hugh Jackman is pretty confident that the next time he plays Wolverine on film, it will be his last as the X-Men mutant.

Speaking with SFX, Jackman was asked about the third Wolverine movie and where it could take his character. "I don’t know yet," he said. "We’re talking it through. I still am very ambitious for the character. And tonally I feel like we corrected the ship with the last one. But I feel we can still go further, in a way. If I did another one, I’m 99.9 percent sure it would be the last, so that will inform what it is for me."

This isn't the first time Jackman has acknowledged that his time portraying Wolverine is coming to a close. Earlier this year, he told IGN that it's "inevitable" that the character is recast at some point. While Jackman is expected to return for Wolverine 3, with David James Kelly reportedly writing the script and James Mangold returning to direct after helming The Wolverine, the actor said nothing is finalized yet.

"I’m excited to see what we can come up with, but I haven’t signed on signed on," Jackman said. "I’m genuinely at that point where unless it’s better than the last one, I’m not going to do it." The third Wolverine solo film is slated for release March 3, 2017.

Jackman will next be seen in X-Men: Days of Future Past, which hits theaters stateside May 23. He'll also be tackling director Joe Wright's Peter Pan and Captain Hook film project.

Source: ign

No comments:

Post a Comment