Monday, April 21, 2014

Music Monday – Earworms

Ever hear a song and then you can't get it out of your head? You don't even like the song but you can't stop singing it or hearing it everywhere you go. That, my friends, is what they call an earworm.




Well, prepare to hate me, ‘cause I am about to unleash some epic earworms!


Anna Kendrick  “Cups”

Love this movie but this song gets on my nerves.


Mumford & Sons  “I Will Wait”

When is the wait gonna be over?


Icona Pop  “I Love It”

You know what? I don't love it. Not. At. All.


Bruno Mars  "Just the Way You Are”

Oh, Bruno. When I hear this song... I just wanna turn the volume off.


LMFAO  “Party Rock Anthem"

Everyday I am shufflin’… you off my iPod.


Katy Perry  “Firework”

Do you ever feel like this song gets on your nerves?!


Lady Gaga  “Born This Way”

I was born this way too, but you don't hear me singing about it.


Taylor Swift  “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together”

Please, young men of Hollywood, stop dating her so she can stop singing song like this.


Pharrell Williams  “Happy”

Nothing about this song makes me happy.


The Lumineers  “Hey Ho”

Just say, “hey, GO AWAY!”


Robin Thicke  “Blurred Lines”

What rhymes with ‘bugs me’?


Lorde  “Royals”

I really loved this song. Then pop radio killed it for me.


Idina Menzel  “Let It Go”

OVERRATED.


Adele  “Rolling In the Deep”

After hearing it a thousand times, it rolls deep on my nerves.


I saved the best for last. And by the best, I mean the worst......

Miley Cyrus  “Wrecking Ball”




So in about two hours from now when you are still singing these songs...... you're welcome.
Try not to hate me too much.


2 comments:

  1. Your comments to each song are the BEST!! I remember dancing and singing to I Love It in Forks with Simon from Cider Sky. My earworm is Bonnie Tyler Total Eclipse of the Heart. I HAVE to belt it every time I hear it. But it has to be The Dan Band version. Love this post and love you. Even if I will be humming these songs for the rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My other half gets earworms all day long and will sing them till he drives me insane. The one that always gets me though is when he does the GEICO pig commercial and he's all like: "Boots and pants and boots and pants" lol

    ReplyDelete