Monday, April 7, 2014

Forces to Reckon With....

Every Monday at work, several of us would gather in our offices and discuss Sunday night's episode of Game of Thrones. I've missed these Monday morning conversations before the start of a hectic work week. So today it felt good to discuss the season 4 premier.
Robb Stark may be dead, and the war is over...but the Lannisters are far from safe. Their are some new players, who we met last night, and some old favorites patiently plotting. I think the 3 major players we need to watch out for are Margaery, Arya, and newcomer, Prince Oberyn from House Martell.
I have to say that I'm quite intrigued by whom they refer to as the Red Viper of Dorne. Prince Oberyn is out for blood, and vengeance. Tyrion seemed quite nervous as he greeted the House Martell, and learning that Prince Dorin indeed wasn't going to make it, but instead we meet the hot Prince Oberyn. As the Prince simply put, " The Lannisters aren't the only ones who pay their debts," If I were a Lannister I would be a bit nervous.
Though we didn't see much of Margaery in last nights episode, she spent all of last season cozying up to the hated King Joffrey. And I give her props for playing up to that little piss head.  Last season, she stated that she didn't want to be a queen, but THE Queen, and she has played her cards well so far. When Brienne of Tarth pulled her aside, she tells Margaery that one day she will avenge their king, Renly Baratheon. Margaery simply replies, “Joffrey is our King now,” She is fierce in a subtle and seductive way, with no swords, no bloodshed, just using her wits and cunning nature.
The only Stark that I don't feel too bad for is Arya. Since the beginning of the series, she has been a little spitfire. We've grown accustom to seeing her get out of precarious situations, and fending for herself. I know some are questioning if she's becoming a sociopath, but I think she's a fierce warrior not just because she has to be, but because she wants to be. I enjoy the dynamic she has with the Hound. I don't think they necessarily like each other, but they respect each other, which was evident in last nights episode. And quite frankly, she is just BADASS!!!!
So what was your favorite scene, and what are you most looking forward to this season?

No comments:

Post a Comment