Monday, April 28, 2014

Music Monday – Songs That Hit Home

Do you ever hear a song and it just gives you chills ‘cause it’s so powerful or hits so close to home? It’s like the artist is singing your life. Well, that is what this Music Monday's songs are – songs that just sing the moments and times in my life. These songs mean soooooo much to me, I can't even begin to break it all down. They are songs that bring tears to my eyes because they are powerful to me. So I will let the music speak where I can't...


Papa Roach  "Scars"
 

I know I have posted this before but seriously, listen to these words. So powerful!


Lil Wayne feat. Bruno Mars  "Mirror"
 

I am not the biggest Lil Wayne fan,  but damn, this song is fucking amazing! Listen. Feel it. You will get it.


Kid Cudi  "Soundtrack 2 My Life"
 

The chorus is what got me with this song. It’s just him rapping his life.


Oddly enough, the next two songs are both on the same soundtrack – SpaceJam.


R. Kelly  "I Believe I Can Fly"
 

This one gets me every time I hear it. So freaking great. Believe in yourself and it’s yours.


Monica  "For You, I Will"
 

This is the song that always makes me think of my son, Xman. I would do anything for him.


Eminem feat. Kobe Bryant  "Talking to Myself"
 

Even though Kobe kinda sucks (Sorry Jay), Eminem is AFREAKINGMAZING! I love this song.


Bobby Long  "Left to Lie"
 

I know this was just in a Music Monday blog a few weeks ago, but this song stuck with me through having cancer.


Justin Timberlake  "Losing My Way"
 

I’ve been there. I have lost my way before. Have you?


Bob Marley  "Three little Birds"
 

Seriously, do I need to explain this one?!? Don't think so.


Michael Jackson  "Man in the Mirror"
 

This song is just beyond amazing.


Marcus Foster  "Solid Ground"
 

I know what he says this song is about, but for me it’s about the struggle of life and staying strong.


Dionne Warwick, Elton John, Stevie Wonder & Gladys Knight  "That's What Friends Are For"
 

For my friends - I love you. You can count on me.


Sara McLachlan  "Angel"
 

I always think of 9/11 when I hear this song. #NeverForget


P!nk  "Run"
 

Another song to my little Xman.


Sam Bradley  "Only Human"
 

I could go on and on about how much I love this song and this guy. I even have the lyrics tattooed.


Whitney Houston  "The Star Spangled Banner"
 

Chills all over my body when I hear this. No one has ever sang it better.


I think I am going to end this with a very, very powerful song… Ice Ice Baby.
Hahahahaha, just kidding! I have so many more I could post and I will just have to fit them in somewhere down the line. So last but not least by any means…


John Lennon  "Imagine"


So, tell me… what songs give you chills, make you tear up, hit home for you? Leave a comment and let me know.
Thanks for stoppin’ by...

3 comments:

  1. i LOVE this post! great job, b.
    it's always interesting to me to hear what songs really touch another person. it's like getting to see a glimpse of their soul, kwim? that's the amazing thing about music. it's so personal. each song, each lyrics, each note will affect various people in a million different ways.
    i could go on and on about the songs that get to me. i'll just give you three for now.
    whiskey by sam bradley. not for the drinking aspect, but the loneliness...
    you'll be in my heart from tarzan (sung by usher.) this is my song for my nephew, who is like my own child. and he moved away. i still tear up every time i hear it.
    bring me to life by evanescence. i felt like i was dead inside for a long time. i'm slowly waking back up again. so i relate.
    thanks for sharing with us, brina!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. all 3 are also in my favorites. thank you for comment. 💜

      Delete
  2. I know all about those songs that touch your heart. I can't even begin to tell you how much it hurts when I hear Masterpiece by Atlantic Starr. Or how often I fall apart when I hear Possibility by Lykke Li. NM was my favorite book because I lived that pain and both the song and the book were desperate reminders of it all. But that's how we make it through both the good times and the bad. Music and books and good movies transport us to a place where we can look back, and sometimes forward, with a small smile and say a silent Thank you for whoever it was that put out such a great piece of work that helped us get by.
    Oh and That's What Friends Are For was a great choice too cuz we love you so much and we're always always here for you babe.
    Love you. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete