Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Part 3 of the dirtiest clean book you will ever read

I first found out about the Twilight conventions after New Moon came out. There was one coming to a city near me, Daniel Cudmore, Chaske Spencer, Justin Chon, Gil Birmingham and Tinsel Korey were there, but I was set and ready as soon as I saw Dan’s name.

I was a fan of Daniel Cudmore since he was in X-Men as Colossus so when I heard and saw he was going to be Felix in the Twilight movies; I was thrilled to the moon and back. He has the size of how Felix was described in the book; I knew they had it right when they picked him.

Armed with my camera and my ticket to the convention, I had no idea what to expect. I was kinda shocked when I walked in seeing it was almost empty and more surprised when they sat me in the front row (I hadn’t bought those seats) but there I was smack in the front and inches away from the stage. I wasn’t sure my heart was going to be able to handle it. Daniel finally took the stage and I couldn’t breathe, my heart was racing and I was trying to control myself, and keep quiet (not easy if you know me). All the questions that were being asked over and over again were simply asking Dan if he was Team Edward or Jacob, I muttered or thought I had muttered quietly, “No, he is Team Sexy Volturi Guard,” which he heard, laughed and quoted me and winked and smiled. It was a true fangirl moment to me.

The convention was an overall flop, but I had my moment with Dan. I also made some friends that are my closest and dearest friends to this day. I learned that there was a more reputable company hosting the conventions – Creation Entertainment and they were coming to town in a month, yes I grabbed my tickets right away. This convention was epic and more awesome then my first round, these guys knew what they were doing. They had meet and greets, and auctions and were so much more organized. I saw some of my new friends at this con in Miami and true friendships were born. At this con I met Christopher Heyerdahl, Marcus of the Volturi; Charlie Bewley, Demetri of the Volturi and Peter Facinelli, Dr. Carlisle Cullen. I am sure there were more, but I am lost of whom. I basically tuned out after I met the men of the Volturi I cannot lie.
I can’t remember the last count of how many conventions I was at, but I crisscrossed across the country a few times and made a few repeat conventions. The times and money we had, and the bonds made with the actors and our little community is something we will never experience on this level again. It well they have to be the best and most amazing times and memories of my life. My weekends were consumed with traveling to a different city about every other weekend, and living out of a suitcase and I loved every minute of it, it was even better when the stars of the big screen started to recognize me, and not in that stalker kind of way, but friendly, not friends, but friendly. Well some did become friends, but that wasn’t the plan. We clicked; we had things in common beyond the conventions and movies and the growing world and obsession of Twilight.


In the upcoming weeks, I will talk about what it means to be an adult to camp out for the movie premieres going to Forks and bringing it all full circle, but most importantly what to do now that the Twilight saga is over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment