Monday, September 9, 2013

Charlie Hunnam speaks of excitement at playing Christian Grey



Charlie Hunnam says he has 'a tangible chemistry' with Dakota Johnson. The British actor, 33, will play bondage-loving billionaire Christian Grey in Sam Taylor-Johnson's upcoming adaptation of the erotic novel, 'Fifty Shades of Grey,' opposite the little known actress, 23, who will portray Anastasia Steele, and is very excited to take on the role.
He told the Hollywood Reporter: 'As soon as we got in the room and started reading with Dakota, I knew that I definitely wanted to do it, because there was a tangible chemistry between us.
'It felt kind of exciting and fun and weird and compelling, and so that was it.'
The 'Sons of Anarchy' star isn't worried about filming the explicit sexual scenes for the movie.
He said: 'My first job was on a Channel 4 miniseries called 'Queer as Folk.' It was incredibly explicit sexual scenes with a man. I mean I'm 16 and 17 years wiser now. So if I could do it when I was 18 with a guy, I can certainly do it at 33 with a lady.'
Charlie admits that the movie's director Sam had a huge hand in getting him to take on the role and after speaking to her he 'felt really intrigued and excited about it.'
He added: 'I went and read the first book to get a clearer idea of who this character was and felt even more excited about the prospect of bringing him to life.'
It was previously revealed that Ryan Gosling, Robert Pattinson and Shailene Woodley were among the high profile stars to turn down roles in the controversial movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment