Sunday, September 1, 2013

Vin Diesel: 'I leveraged home to make Riddick film'

Vin Diesel attends the premiere of Universal Pictures' "Riddick" at Mann Village Theatre on August 28, 2013 in Westwood, California. Source: Getty Images

ACTION man Vin Diesel says he had to leverage his own home to fund his new movie, the third installment of the "Riddick" series.
It has been nine years since The Chronicals of Riddick was released and 13 years since the successful Pitch Black.
The Chronicals of Riddick was attacked for selling out to big studios and commercial interests, especially by going after a PG-13 rating.
Diesel said he realised if he wanted to release a Riddick movie that fans actually wanted to see then he would have to fund it himself.
"I had to leverage my house," Diesel told The Hollywood Reporter. "If we didn't finish the film, I would be homeless."
After one fan told him they would be willing to pay more to see an action-packed movie, Diesel knew he had to push ahead with it.
"(This fan said) we want a rated-R movie and we'd be willing to pay $10 each. Surely you'd have enough to make it then," he said. "Something about that comment made me think, bless their heart, and if I can do anything with this newfound success, if I could do anything at all, I could deliver on that wish."
Riddick opens in US theatres on September 6.

Source: Courier mail

No comments:

Post a Comment