Saturday, July 12, 2014

Rob's Corner



Robert+Pattinson+Blackbook+Magazine+4.jpg


 

These past few weeks, I have been praising Rob’s performance in The Rover. I am still in awe over how dynamic his acting is in that film. But before I get myself caught up again, let’s take a step back. Even though he has a multitude of movies coming up in the next year, I think we need to look at some of his other accomplishments that might not have been widely recognized.

For the first segment, let me bring out a character I absolutely loved, Tyler Hawkins. The movie Remember Me (2010), directed by Allen Coulter, is based pre-September 2001 in NYC.
(credit:  www.hollywire.com)







(credit:  www.heyuguys.com)
Tyler, a moody 21 yr-old, auditioning for NYU while working part-time at the bookstore, has a volatile relationship with his father, played by Pierce Brosnan, and a loving relationship with his sister Caroline, played by Ruby Jerins.


(credit:  www.eonline.com)



His love interest in the movie, Abby, played by Emilie De Ravin, brings a whole other level to the complexity of Rob’s character. From being beaten up by his girlfriend's father to consoling his sister from the bullies of private school, Rob really shows many sides to his acting skills.



(credit: www.collider.com)


For those that haven’t seen the movie, I am not going to spoil it, even if it’s 4 years old now. But you will not expect what happens at the end!


This is just one movie that should have brought more acclaim to Rob!






Next week, I will take another step back in time and come up with another reason why everyone should be in Rob’s Corner!

1 comment:

  1. Tyler is one of my favorites out of all his characters and this movie made me cry more than once. Definitely the sign of something great.
    Prefect choice, M. Love it.

    ReplyDelete