Monday, July 7, 2014

Music Monday – Michael Jackson

This Music Monday is all about the King. No, not Elvis… the King of Pop, Michael Jackson.

Most of my childhood music memories star him. My brother was, and still is, one of his biggest fans. He had the "Beat It" jacket, the glove, the "Billy Jean" hat, and even had the dance moves too. He did almost all of his school air bands to Micheal. My heart broke the day he passed away. I remember everything about that day...  it’s still hard to believe… but his music will always live on.

So sit back and enjoy some of my favorites.


Who's Loving You

Before En Vogue did it, there was the Jackson 5... Sing it, little Michael.


Ben

Who knew a song about a rat could be so good?


Off the Wall

To this day, this is one of my most favorite songs ever.


P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)

Pretty young things, repeat after me... NA NA NA.


She’s Out of My Life

Something about this song just gets me. So sad and heartbreaking.


Don’t Stop 'Til You Get Enough

Come on, you know you wanna dance.


I Just Can't Stop Loving You (with Siedah Garrett)

One of best duets.


Blame It on the Boogie

Can't help but dance when I hear this.


Billy Jean

I still can't moonwalk. Lol.


Beat It

I still know all the moves to this and I still want his piano keys t-shirt. Oh, and my brother had the jacket and the hair. Lol.


We Are Here to Change the World

Beyond bummed Disneyland doesn’t have Captain EO anymore.


The Way You Make Me Feel

I so wanted to be that girl he was chasing around.


Remember the Time

As if you could forget being in love with Michael.


You Are Not Alone

Even though this video is a little creepy, still love this one.


Thiller

The only zombies I ever liked are the ones in this video.


Leave Me Alone

They never did leave him alone.


Scream (with Janet Jackson)

Love this one for 2 reasons: A. it’s badass, and B. he says "F*CK”.


Man in the Mirror

One of the most powerful songs ever. Always gets me. Always.


So, there you have it – some of my favorite songs by the King of Pop. Tell me what your favorites are.

4 comments:

  1. i adore michael. you and i share a few favourites. i love man in the mirror and you are not alone (even with the supercreepy video! lol). other favourites are heal the world and earth song and even the demo version of we are the world (dorky, but true). i also really like childhood. mj was horribly misunderstood and that song kinda sums up where his mind was really at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE!! MJ music!! he will always the King!! my favourites are You are not alone, Heal the world, Will you be There, Man in the mirror, Ben and from The Jacksons I love I´ll be there
    Awesome post!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE MJ!!!!! He will always be one of my favorites!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael Jackson was, and always will be, the King. No one could ever top the greatness of such an artist.
    For me, it's almost impossible to pick a favorite cuz I love them all. If I had to, though, it would have to be Say Say Say w/Paul McCartney but only because of the memory behind it.
    Awesome choice this week B. Love me some Michael.

    ReplyDelete