Saturday, February 15, 2014

Ellen Page Comes Out: ‘I’m Gay’ & ‘Tired Of Hiding’

Mark Davis/Entertainment/Getty Images

In an emotional press conference on Feb. 14, the ‘Juno’ actress bravely revealed that she’s gay and that she hopes to help promote issues for the gay community.



So brave! Actress Ellen Page attended Time To THRIVE, a conference promoting issues of the gay community, on Feb. 14, but it wasn’t just to show support — she was also there to announce that she too, is gay.


“I’m here today because I am gay,” the Juno and Inception actress told the Las Vegas conference audience. “And because… maybe I can make a difference.”

The actress was given a standing ovation for making her brave announcement. She continued: “I am tired of hiding and I am tired of lying by omission. I suffered for years, because I was scared to be out.”

After the conference, Ellen tweeted to the Human Rights Campaign, who held the event, thanking them for giving her the opportunity to come out:






It took a ton of courage for Ellen to do what she did, and her bravery will encourage so many others to feel more comfortable in their own skin.

Ellen’s huge announcement comes less than a week after Michael Sam, a former college football player, came out to ESPN’s “Outside the Lines.” Michael is entering the NFL draft in 2014, and if he is selected by a team he will become the first out player to play in the NFL.

That could be a momentous event, as was Ellen’s courageous coming out on Feb. 14. What do you think of it? Let us know!


Source: hollywoodlife

No comments:

Post a Comment