Friday, November 1, 2013

"The Heavens Rise" by Christopher Rice

A little while ago I broke my own rule about suggesting a book I hadn't read. This is my review of that book.

I was wrong. This book is so much better than I thought. Christopher Rice is a phenomenal writer who gripped my heart for every second I was engrossed in this marvel. I would lie and say I couldn't put it down but the honest truth is I had to for my own sanity. The evil in this book is so much more than just a bad guy. It is a dark soul that takes your breath away when you realise the depths of its depravity. A calm darkness that has no conscience. A character that you would rejoice over its end.

The way it is written keeps you off balance just enough to keep you on edge even when there are good things happening. The small nasty surprises keep you from really feeling comfortable while reading this work.

Do yourself a favour and read "The Heavens Rise", it is worth every penny and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment