Wednesday, November 6, 2013

DS Miller's back! Olivia Colman confirms she has signed up for the second series of Broadchurch

Olivia Colman has confirmed she'll return to Broadchurch.
The 39-year-old actress will reprise her role as DS Ellie Miller in the popular murder mystery drama, when it returns to screens next year for series two, but she won't make an appearance in an upcoming US remake featuring David Tennant.
At the screening of new BBC One two-part drama The 7.39, she said: 'I don't want to get myself in trouble but I think it's set in stone.'
The brunette beauty - who won two TV BAFTA awards for her roles in comedy Twenty Twelve and drama The Accused earlier this year - enjoyed taking the summer off and spending time with her family after a jam-packed year of working.
She said: 'I was nervous I wouldn't know what to do with myself but it turns out I am more than brilliant at doing nothing.'
However, Olivia previously said she has been forced to put off going to the shops to buy milk since starring in Broadchurch in case people recognise her.
She said: 'It's a bit peculiar and I'm sure I'll get better at it. But if I need a pint of milk, I'll wait until I really need to go.
'Where I live, everybody knows me so that's fine, but away from home it's slightly daunting - and I'm a bit of a chicken.'
Broadchurch was a huge hit for ITV when it aired to critical acclaim and incredible ratings figures earlier this year - becoming the most-watched new drama of 2013.


Huge success: Broadchurch, in which Olivia starred alongside David Tennant, became the most watched TV drama of 2013


Source: dailymail.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment