Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Hemsworth: Lawrence good role model

Liam Hemsworth has said he thinks his The Hunger Games: Catching Fire co-star Jennifer Lawrence is the ideal role model for young women, and that there should be more female-fronted action films.

The actor plays Gale Hawthorne in the film franchise alongside lead star Jennifer as Katniss Everdeen and said he thought she was the perfect person to take on the part.
Asked whether there should be more female-led action films, he said: "I think there should be, I think absolutely, I think it's great.
"I think more power to women, I think it's such a great thing about these stories that it's a young, courageous woman and a young girl who's managing to stay herself through all of these horrible events and situations, and I think it's great that it's a young girl up front."
Liam continued that he thought it was particularly good that it was Jennifer playing Katniss.
He said: "Especially someone like Jennifer, who's such a larger than life person. She's a great role model."
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is released in cinemas on November 22.


No comments:

Post a Comment