Saturday, November 30, 2013

Lutz: I'll watch Johnson's Hercules



Kellan Lutz has revealed that he doesn't mind going up against Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson on the big screen.

Both actors are portraying Greek hero Hercules in upcoming films, and the Twilight actor admitted there is no rivalry between the pair because his film, Hercules: The Legend Begins, is "totally different" from Dwayne's version.

"I can't wait to see The Rock as Hercules. He (Dwayne) is a beast," he said.

"It's a totally different story to mine. Mine is more about the origins of Hercules, the beginning of his journey. You see him transform from a young boy... and he has to grow up, accept the fact he is Zeus' son and take up the reins to save his kingdom," the actor added.


Kellan, who is best known for playing vampire Emmett Cullen in the Twilight films, said he wasn't nervous about taking on the role.

"It wasn't intimidating. For me, it's a dream job. Growing up, Hercules meant hero to me. I love mythology, The Iliad, The Odyssey and I was engrossed in it," he continued.

"I never thought I could bring him to life - I never had dreams of being an actor - and I just loved every day (of filming), putting the costume on, even though I was wearing a skirt most of the time. I'm wielding a sword, I'm on a horse and leading mercenaries to battle - it was a dream to do."

The 28-year-old had to learn how to ride a horse and handle swords for the part.

He added: "I had scars, I had bruises, I had scratches every day on set. But I'm so proud of it, I've seen it. It's one of my most proudest moments."

Hercules: The Legend Begins is expected to be released in 2014.


Source: belfasttelegraph


No comments:

Post a Comment